Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Airport Goodbye-- October 27, 2010

I am here again, sitting in an airport waiting for the departure for Heathrow Airport in London, and then, on to Delhi; back to India. Wow. I am exhausted, for the last minute details always seem to be too numerous, no matter how much I plan; exchanging currency; checking in online and seat selection; arrangements for transportation in India; flights to Nepal; packing; unpacking; packing; unpacking! Yet with each step, with every single one, there has been Help. So much Help - All of this help comes from my Friends; from each one of you. How do I thank you? You have supported this pilgrimage with your donations and generosity, with your beds that I stayed in and the cars I used! You have fed me and you have laughed with me and we have also cried together. How great!

My one big bag is checked now for this 747 British Air behemoth and my seat selection was changed to an exit row (yeah!), and now, I can sit and decompress and simply say my few words of thanks to the One that brings us all together and that holds us as one family! And, I can promise to hold you all in my thoughts, prayers and contemplations and to remember you to the lamas and masters that cover all the land in India from all traditions. I can remember you and will stay in touch with you through the blog Kay Wolf again is facilitating that is easy enough to remember:

NELLIE IN INDIA. Don’t you love it?

I have written a few drafts for the book, Buddhist Footprints in a Christian Heart and only after this 3rd draft did I hear my own voice and find the rhythm of my heart that sounds like me and it is this I hope to translate and edit and listen to as I teach the anis English and as I continue to seek peace!

Let’s promise each other that matter what the news describes, we will find the voice within our hearts, and remember love and compassion and mercy. Remember me and each other and as we begin and end each day, let’s try to say a few words of thanks and gratitude for our lives and what we call in Buddhism, the Precious Human Birth. We have the gifts and all the tools to practice compassion and we have the reminders of teachers from all times and from all places and traditions who tell us of a different Reality that does not fluctuate nor diminish nor distinguish between high and low, and rich and poor.

The speakers hear announce so many coming and goings and groups and individuals all pass me on their ways to destinations around this globe and sitting here it is as if I am watching my own constant and noisy thoughts! I have a few hours to just breathe again. I have a few hours to pray and to repeat the syllables on these rosary beads that remind me that all is well.

It is always and ever so. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment